Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

I decided to level up my life

I know it sounds crazy, but after working my ass off last year, I felt like I wanted the rest of my life to reflect the level of awesome I had achieved in other areas. Add to that the mandate that I improve my heart health, and there really wasn't anything left but to get serious. Thank you to my great friends, family and acquaintances along the way; support is everything. Here are my goals, along with my planned rewards (and yes, if you follow the example, you get points just for sitting down and drawing up your skills, your goals, and the path to start getting what you want). There are other items that I really want to add in, but there really isn't a lot of wiggle room as I get this part set up. Rest assured, I'll keep you posted.
AreaCurrent LevelNext LevelRequirements1 Up RewardUltimate Goal
CardioWimp: I'm in danger of having my heart explode if I strain myselfStrolling: able to bike or walk for a few miles without it being a big dealRide a stationary bike or walk a treadmill for 30 minutes every day (about 4.5 miles / day)Party with friends after 135 milesAmazon [Ranger Class]: Able to chase it, track it, shoot it, lift it, carry it home, hoist it up, process it and pack it, all in a day's work (yep, I have quite a ways to go on this one)
StrengthStruggler: I can lift heavy stuff, but not for long, and not repeatedlySmooth Certainty: able to lift light, realistic weights repeatedly without it being a big dealLift small weights 10 minutes/dayNew ClothesWonder Woman [Warrior Class]: Nuff said
Wealth[6.2]Middle Class: Able to take care of myself and my family, and able to enjoy an occasional luxury[6.3] Middle ClassIncrease regular savings contribution by $25/ checkYarn[7.5] Established - Positive net worth and the means to sustain it during my lifetime