Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Third Mission: Strip the Excuses

REACH OUT TO YOUR JEDI COUNCIL (you still have one, right?), and work with them to create a challenge for yourself moving forward. Maybe you paypal him/her $400, and for the next over the next four weeks if you go to all of your workouts in a week, each week you get $100 back. Skip workouts, and your buddy gets to keep that $100 to spend on whatever he/she pleases!

Want to really get diabolical? Have your friend set to donate that money towards a political party or cause that you absolutely despise if you fail to complete your workouts. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but it works.

We HATE losing money we’ve already earned, and we will work much harder to keep it than we would if we were just trying to win MORE. So make the pain of skipping workouts and healthy eating MORE than the pain of actually working out and eating healthy! As you see progress and build momentum, the decisions to do so will become easier.

After a few weeks of “ugh I’m doing this so that I don’t lose money,” it becomes “hey…this is kind of fun. and I’m doing better!” and “My clothes fit better” and “I wonder how much stronger I can get!”

Do everything you can to remove “meh, I’ll do it tomorrow” from your brain. Make it so painful to skip your workouts and healthy eating that you actually work out and eat right!